The Sunshine Coast
A 1 1/2 hour journey from Vancouver’s North Shore, puts you into the most temperate climate in all of Canada. An 84 km stretch of land accessible only by vehicle ferry, boat or plane makes the Sunshine Coast a quiet bedroom community of Vancouver. Discover the seaside community of Gibsons Landing, the many artisans of Robert Creek, the Village of Sechelt - the land between two waters, and the majestic coast line from Sechelt to Earls Cove. Continue your journey from Earls Cove on BC Ferries to Saltery Bay where you are only 27Km from Powell River and 28Km from Lund, the end of Highway 101, the longest highway in the world.
Sunshine Coast, Realtor, Property, Land, RealtySunshine Coast, British Columbia
From Vancouver, a scenic 15 km drive from downtown Vancouver through the historic Stanley Park causeway and over the Lions Gate Bridge to North Vancouver. Follow the signs to Hwy 99, and the BC Ferries Horseshoe Bay Ferry terminal. If you are looking for a panoramic photo, take the Cypress Mountain exit and drive five minutes up to the lookout. A breathtaking view of Mt Baker in Washington State to the East and the Strait of Georgia and Vancouver Island to the West.
From Victoria to Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island drive north on Hwy 19 to Comox. Take the Comox Little River Ferry to Powell River. Continue your journey of the Sunshine Coast by driving 26km south to Saltery Bay. From Saltery Bay the BC Ferries leaves every two hours to Earls Cove. After a scenic 50 minute ferry ride, your journey continues from Earls Cove. Driving time from Earls Cove to Sechelt is approx. one hour.
- SunshineCoast.ca: A site containing local information about the sunshine coast including maps.
- Sechelt & District Chamber of Commerce: The objective of the Sechelt & District Chamber of Commerce shall be to promote a Sechelt, and the surrounding District.
- Gibsons & District Chamber of Commerce: The Gibsons and District Chamber of Commerce is a member of the BC Chamber of Commerce.
- The Coast Reporter: The Sunshine Coast's local newspaper
- Sechelt Public Library: The mission of the Sechelt Public Library is to be a friendly gateway to ideas, knowledge, information and literature for life-long learning and enjoyment.
- School District No. 46: OUR VISION is a community engaged in the pursuit of lifelong learning and educational excellence.
- District of Sechelt: The District of Sechelt is centrally located on the Sunshine Coast, which strongly influences the location of services and people in Sechelt, and contributes directly to Sechelt's economy.
- The Sunshine Coast Regional District:: is the regional government serving the residents of the Sunshine Coast.
- BC Ferries: British Columbia Ferry Services Inc., or BC Ferries, is known for safety, spectacular scenery and a proud maritime history.
- West Coast Air: A locally owned and operated airline with more than 35 years of Twin Otter scheduled service
- Tofino Air Lines Ltd: The history of Tofino Air Lines goes back over a quarter of a century. As a small regional airline, it was originally founded to service the villages, logging camps and fishing industry.
Consumer Real Estate Needs Links
- RBC Royal Bank: 101-5760 Teredo St., Sechelt,
- BMO Bank of Montreal: 5640 Cowrie St., Sechelt,
- Sunshine Coast Credit Union: 5655 Teredo St., Sechelt,
- TD Bank: 5500 Sunshine Coast Hwy., Sechelt,
- CIBC 101-5530 Wharf Rd., Sechelt,